Centurion Garage Door Motor X-Trac
The X-trac, a Centurion
garage door motor, is Mr Garage Mr Garage’s favorite garage motor to install for automating a garage door
. Suitable for both sectional and tip up garage door, but not a roll up garage door. And used for both steel and wooden doors alike. With 24V battery backup to make sure that your door opens during power outages or load shedding and super quiet operation you can rely on the X-trac garage door opener to give you great service and performance for many years.
The motor design is split in 2 sections (See image below). Firstly there is the 24V motor part moving up and down the shaft which is in turn connected to the door. It has a steel cord with a red knob that is pulled gently to engage and disengage the motor. This can be done at any point of the shaft.
Centurion X-Trac Motor
Secondly, there is the control box with pc-board , power supply and batteries. This section is static, so it does not move and is at the end of the motor shaft.
Centurion X-Trac control box
Centurion Garage Door Motor X-trac features:
- Great engineering design providing whisper-quiet operation.
- Battery backup (with dual power–always on). The motor can work from the main alone but everybody needs battery backup for when there is a power failure.
- The Centurion xtrac garage door motor has a strong and reliable 24V geared DC motor.
- Adaptive anti-crushing protection.
- Adjustable speed control – suitable for both domestic sectional and tip up doors.
- Manual override can disengage and re-engage in any position.
- External receivers supported for any local remote control brand
- Onboard CENTURION code-hopping multichannel receiver:
– Open/close garage door.
– Switch Courtesy Light on and off.
– Override automatic closing.
– Electronically lock the system for added security.
- Quick and easy installation and adjustment.
- Auto close functionality which is usually accompanied by Infrared Beams
- Door Service Monitor. This lets you know when the motor work parameters change. So if your springs are weakening the light will flash rapidly
- There is also a Wireless Wall Switch for convenient operation of up to four onboard functions.
Centurion X-trac technical data:
|Input Voltage||180 – 270V AC @ 50/60Hz [Can operate from a solar power supply]|
|Motor Voltage||24V DC|
|Motor Power Supply||Dual supply – 250VA max. Mains power supply, with 2 X 1.5AH 24V battery backup supply [ Based on 25°c ambient temperature]|
|Opener Lifting Force – Max||1200N|
|Operator Travel Speed||90 – 125mm/sec (adjustable)|
|Duty Cycle – Mains Present||20% [Based on a pull force of less than 50% of rated]</t]|
|Daily Operations – Max||50|
|Maximum Door Size||12m² – (max width 6.5m)|
|Onboard Receiver Specification||CENTURION code-hopping, single channel, 433MHz, with 22 transmitter buttons capacity|