Are you currently opening your garage door manually? It is inconvenient and also a security risk to open your door manually. You have to get out of your car, unlock your garage door and open it.
If your garage door has not been serviced regularly you may struggle to keep it in the open position to be able to drive in. But, before you rush ahead with installing a motor for an automatic garage door, here are some important pointers to consider.
The Most Important Fact About Any Automatic Garage Door
The most important rule with automation is that the thing that you are automating such as a garage door or a gate needs to be in a good mechinal working condition. If your garage door is broken
or does not work properly, the motor is not going to magically resolve the garage door issues. First you need to have your door serviced
and if needed – repaired
. Only then should you install a new garage door motor.
Which motor should I install for my garage door automation?
Well, a couple of aspects are important:
- Firstly, the manufacturer needs to be well established in your area. We often find garage door motors that are installed where the manufacturer has no branches in Johannesburg (or sometimes even South Africa). Furthermore, none of the local parts suppliers sell any PC boards or other items needed to repair the garage door motor.
- Secondly, the manufacturer needs to have great support. When you phone the manufacturer they need to have proper repair, technical and sales support.
- Finally, the manufacturer needs to be able to do repairs fast. If you need repairs, you don’t want to wait weeks and go without a motor.
There is only one choice in garage door motor brand and that is Centurion
. They have unmatched quality and support.
Which garage door motor Installer should I use?
Did you know that there are many companies that install garage door motors but they do not service or repair Garage doors! And they also don’t install new garage doors!
Basically they can install the motor, but if there are any issues with the garage door, they simply can’t get the door and motor to work properly. We are experts in garage doors – repairs, new doors
, servicing etc. As part of our garage door motor installation we do a proper check of your garage door and will let you know if any parts need to be replaced in order for the motor to work properly. We will ensure that your garage door and motor are working efficiently together so that you have the best automatic garage door. Contact us now and log a call with us. We will send you an estimate for a new motor and come out and give you a full quote.
What type of motor do I need?
This depends on what type of garage door do you have: Sectional door :
The Centurion XTrac
or new SD04 motors are your choice for an automatic garage door. Roll-up Door:
The Centurion RDO II
is your choice for garage door motor. Solid Tip-Up Door:
The Centurion XTtrac
or SD04 with tip-up shaft is your choice for garage door automation.
What else do I need to know?
There are additional options and features to consider when you are automating your garage door:
- Do you need to be able to switch on the garage door motor light by pressing a button on the remote? No problem, this functionality is supported by all Centurion garage door motors.
- Do you need the door to close automatically? This requires Infra Red Beams. No problem Centurion supports this functionality.
- Do you need a holiday lock, where you can disable normal remotes from opening your garage door? No problem Centurion Garage door Automation has you covered.
- Moreover, remember that modern garage door motors are 12V or 24V DC motors and usually have battery backup. This enables you to open your door during a power outage or load shedding.
The best choice for garage door motor installer is Mr Gate Mr Garage. So, contact us now for your automatic garage door requirements.