New Garage Door Motor Installed – Sandton
Do you need a new garage door motor installed in Sandton? Please contact Mr Garage to install a new garage door motor for you in Sandton. We specialize in garage door automation
, garage door repairs
and garage door installations
Our client in Melrose road in Sandton recently called us and reported the following:
- My garage door motor is broken
- It was making a funny sound before it broke
- My garage door motor does not want to work at the moment
She had a Pro-Alpha garage door motor. There is basically no support for these motors at the moment. They are old 220V motors and we strongly recommend that you install a new Centurion garage door motor
. We did the following tests
- We first checked if there is power at the motor (220V in this case). In some cases the plug or db board tripped and, because of this, the motor stopped working.
- Then we check if there is 12V or 24V present at the receiver. Sometimes a fuse has broken and the receiver cannot trigger the motor.
- So, can you trigger the motor manually? In this case we could not trigger the motor.
- Finally, we check the carriage and drive or chain mechanism. The carriage was stripped so it would not be able to lift the door any more.
We installed a new Centurion X-trac motor and had a happy client in no time.
Another garage door motor installed in Sandton…
In another case, we did a lot of work for a client in the Sandton Country Club Estate. The garage door broke and, in the process, the pine jams got damaged and needed to be replaced. A couple of months before this happened, one of his garage door springs broke
and another company installed new springs for him. The problem, however, was that this other company did not weigh the door and installed incorrect springs. The door never worked properly. This damages the motor. We weighed the door and installed the correct springs. After the door was working properly we installed a new Centurion SD04 garage door motor.
And a third garage door motor installed in Sandton…
In yet another case, a client in Coleraine Dr in Riverclub, Sandton, had a broken garage door motor. The type of motor was an old imported 220V motor with no local support. Mr Garage only installs well-supported local brands of garage door motors. Our preference is the Centurion X-trac and SD04 motors. We replaced the motor and, once more, have a happy client.
Read some important notes on garage door automation